Surprise, Your A Dad!

Announcements are usually made when something good is about to happen. When someone says, "I have an announcement to make", we look towards that person in expectation. When the announcement is, I have good and bad news, I ask for the bad news first so that the good can over shadow the bad and not make it seem so. Announcing that there is a new baby about to enter into this world is supposed to be a good thing (Psalm 127:3 AMP). Who would cringe at hearing this wonderful news, this blessing from God, the bundle of joy developing even as you read this?

The answer to this question is obvious to those that have been through it. But not so much to the young girl that wondered why she was feeling ill all day long and has had stomach cramps for weeks waiting for the doctor to speak in front of her parents. Its not too obvious for the young man that was having a little fun one evening after a party. Its definitely not the thing a single Christian is wishing to hear or say to the other party when he/she knows that they hold a title in a ministry and are of influence to a number of people. Why wasn't this a thought when acting on feelings that he/she had no business acting on (1 Corinthians 6:18 AMP)? When answering that question, please don't use the following panacea that the world uses as an excuse:
- It just happened.
- It is what it is.
- We didn't plan for this to happen.
- We've just got to make the best of it.
- I thought he/she was using protection.
- I don't know.
- Everybody makes mistakes.

None of those answers will make the developing person go away. None of those answers will feed, clothe, and provide shelter for the added responsibility you created. None of those answers are acceptable to those you were teaching not to do the very thing you have been doing all of this time. So what are you going to do? You are the one responsible for this. What is the plan now because he/she is coming, ready or not.

So here is the reason I write this blog: to resolve issues that we as Christians have while being single. This is a real issue and needs addressing. I could keep going as I have for years believing that once getting the understanding of salvation and the principles of Kingdom Living, we all walk holy and acceptable unto God (Romans 14:17 AMP). Well, that's the goal, yet we all have stumbled and have come short. The thing is, as Christians, we get back up and do what we are called to do. Only in this case, you have an added calling that you have put upon yourself. Here is what its not, just so we can be clear. God did not call you to be a parent out of wedlock. He is good and has a standard for us to live by. So when you have family and friends trying to make you feel better with a pack of lies, toss it. Its only the truth that will set you free. The lies will have you back in this same predicament a few times more before you get it! And those that handed you the pack of lies to soothe your feelings, will begin criticizing you for making the same mistakes over and over again (2 Timothy 3:5-7 AMP). Your feelings are of no concern to them and actually many of them don't even know that they are doing more harm then good.

Alright, this is pretty hard core and if you have been reading this blog for any length of time, I write what I know and will use as much reference of the Word as I can (Titus 2:3-5 AMP). However, for this topic, its either going to be like a band aid being ripped off or knowing that plate of broccoli might not look too pretty, but you have to eat it for your own well being.

Reality check, I detest pretending. So I try not to sugar coat matters because I don't see that as helping anyone. I will give you a reference as to why pretense is a coating for a blatant lie. When I was a child, I was allowed to go over a friend's house and have dinner. We played until we were called to the table. When we were called, I immediately went to the bathroom to wash my hands. My friend didn't. When we sat at the table, my friend's mother already had the plates on the table. I saw we were having meatloaf, peas, white rice with a pat of butter on the rice. It was a little different from what I was used to but I was in someone else's home and my parents taught me to be gracious. I said my prayer before eating. I was the only one to do so. I then tasted a small portion of the meatloaf. It was sweet. I wanted to spit it out but I wasn't taught how to make that look gracious so I swallowed it. I then tasted the peas. They were also very sweet. I swallowed that as well. By this time, I probably had a look of disgust on my face. I looked at the rice and hoped I would be safe with that but no. I then put down my fork and just watched my friend gobble up her food. Her mother noticed how I wasn't eating. She made the comment, "you aren't used to everything being sweet but Alice won't eat it unless there is sugar on everything." Shortly after my mother picked me up, I went to the bathroom of my home and hurled. My point being, for me, the sugar ruined the nutritional content of the meal. It took a little while before I wished to eat anything again. I was 6 years old.

This blog serves for those who can't take the coating anymore. Its for those who need to hear the actual truth no matter how brutal it is. Its for your good and you know it! God is not a man that He should lie nor son of man that He should repent (Numbers 23:19 AMP). He is good and a good father. So when He tells us not to do something it is for our own good. When we do what our flesh cries out for anyway, you realize there will be consequences to be faced (Romans 8:5-8 AMP). Now, here is the brutal end of it, the flesh leads to destruction. If for whatever reason, you have adhered to the principle that everyone is doing it, the verse broad is the way to destruction belongs to you as well (Matthew 7:13 AMP). I believe when a Christian has allowed for her guard to be let down, he/she has enveloped teachings that are not found in the Word. The bible refers to this person when asking who is stronger then the strong man? When that question is answered, the results are that all of the palace of that strong man has been pilfered through and the best parts have been taken (Matthew 12:29 AMP).

Do you understand? What are the ingredients of the palace, the kingdom? Can you afford to be without them? What is your legacy? Can you afford to be without him/her? David decided to have Bathsheba knowing she was a married woman. His child was killed. Job went against the principles of God and acted in fear rather then faith. All of his children were killed! Eli, the priest raised his children to be evil and didn't care no matter how many warnings he received. Both of his sons were killed and Eli died in a freak accident (1 Samuel 2:12:36).

Brutal, yes. Is it written? The highlighted references answer that question. What does this have to do with you? As long as you decide to live according to the flesh, you will live under the curse and have the same consequences as the aforementioned (Romans 8:12-14 AMP). It is why the bible has been divided and the reason why the Old Testament must still be taught. Ministers miss however, that there must be a balance with the New Testament. None of which I will do here because those that know better do better. The New Covenant are for those who don't just do lip service but walk the walk and talk the talk. Its a habit and therefore Christians obtain the fullness of the blessing. God is the same. He rains on the just and the unjust; therefore, your actions position you under the right spout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warts And All

Where Beauty Fades, Real Attraction Begins

Elderly and Foolish