Preparation

I used to be a seamstress when I was in college trying to make ends meet. I learned that it wasn't the garment I was really trying to sell but all of the small details that made the garment better then what a customer could purchase off the rack. Not only was it custom fitted, it had closed or French seams so the construction of the garment was durable even in the wash. I would add expensive buttons and leather accents when needed. The design would be simple enough but with all of the details, it made the customer come back to see what else I created.

That's business. It's what all business owners do to maintain a brand (Proverbs 6:9-11 AMP). Should this be any different in a marriage or establishing a relationship for marriage? We already discussed thoroughly how the dating process is more like an interview then anything else. We know that if you become distracted with the dress to impress and all of the flattering words, you lose sight of the whole purpose for the date - marriage (Jude 1:16 AMP). If your mind is on anything else, its not good. Plain and simple. The romance, flowers, letters, and the actual wooing begins when there is an agreement between both parties for exclusivity to create an engagement, otherwise it serves as a distraction. The agreement between both parties is the initiation of a contract. The reason for this entry is, has preparation for that time come and continued?

Before the presentation for the date, there is a preparation. We know what the guy has to do and hopefully so does he or the date is going to be short and a little bitter. But the female has so much to consider when she knows she has been chosen to be the help a specific man needs. There is an anointing to be a wife. It is a ministry all by itself (1 Peter 3 AMP). So how have you prepared yourself? What was the specific thing you changed and continued to be the assistance with ease?


I am finding Bishop T.D. Jakes' sermon from so many years back, "Get Ready, Get Ready, Get Ready!!!" an instructional tool for so many different aspects in a believer's life. For this topic, it tells us what we should be doing and must continue to do. Men, we have been over what should have already been established for you not to be alone. It is not good to be alone when you have a house, a job, a plan, provision, and a vision. God made the provision for Adam and then proclaimed that man needed help. This is a good lesson to all of those who think that young love needs to struggle to be in a good relationship. Do the struggling and growing up independent of ruining anyone else's life. I don't know why people won't teach that more then they have!!!


Then God created the help meet for Adam. Has it been established what she will be doing to help him? Should she have some insight as to what she should be doing? While that question could get really deep from who you are in Christ to the Holy Spirit showing us things to come, I shall keep it as simple as possible. There are basics that women should automatically be doing. These basics are not necessarily keeping the place where you live habitable because if you make enough money you can hire a housekeeper, cook, gardener, and carpenter for your home. There is nothing the matter with that. The Proverbs 31 woman had a house staff to tell what they need to do for the day to be successful. What I am referring to is your personal house - the body. Back fat, shaved pits, legs, and other places. I am referring to woolly eyebrows, skin tags, jagged fingernails, a paunch, and talons for toenails. Do you wash your hair once a week or once a month? How is your thought life? When you have had a bad day, will shopping get you out of your funk or do you have other means? Is food a comfort for you or do you use the Holy Spirit? Have you been to a dentist? Does your breath smell like roses or the compost heap? The Bride is the body of Christ. Putting things into perspective and then looking in the mirror, can we deduct why Jesus hasn't come yet and why you are still single?

Seriously, I hit a point in my life where I knew I was going to marry again and I had to get really real. Jesus is waiting for His bride. I wondered, what is going on? Come on Jesus, let's do this! Those were those zealot days. I wasn't any more ready for the return of Jesus then any of you reading this. I still got crap to clean up - if you wanna know the truth! I prayed about it thinking I was alright...but then I was shown what I needed to do and it seemed as if I hadn't done anything. Then He said something to me that almost made me wanna cry...everyday. WHAT?!!! (Philippians 4:6 AMP)

Every freaking day I need to take my vitamins, exercise, eat right, clean some part of the house, cook a meal instead of going to a restaurant, check the manicure and pedicure. Everyday, we know to do our regular hygiene, so why would all of those other things in keeping it tight be an issue? Everyday, I go to work and am cordial to my co-workers. Everyday, on my job, I have to talk to people and assist them in what they need for that given moment. There isn't a problem with doing that. I know there is an end result. It is what I was hired to do and that paycheck helps. So what happened with those other things God is nudging us to do? Don't we believe the end result will be favorable? Do you believe more that you will be doing all of that work for nothing? Has the past taken hold of your future and refuses to let go?

Joyce Meyer, a well known tele-evangelist, is 71. She looks good! Yet, would she look as well as she does now if she had not been obedient to the nudge of the Holy Spirit? According to her, she used to smoke like a chimney while saved and teaching others to live for God. She didn't exercise and she complained incessantly. It took her some years but she quit smoking, lost weight, and hired a trainer. Did I mention that she is 71 years old!!! She has been married to Dave for over 35 years and it is her 2nd marriage. That in of itself encourages me.

I suppose this entry became very poignant when looking at reality TV and seeing that certain shows stay popular because of the rank attitudes of the women. If knocking over a dinner table isn't riveting enough, why not step on top and over it to get to a rival to slap the crap out of her. Is this appropriate behavior for those claiming to be Christian? And yet, we are glued to see what happens next week. Yeah, I do it too. My point being, entertainment is one thing; however, if tested, would we do what we know is right or the very thing we have been entertained?

Remember that list we discussed oh so many years ago? All of those wonderful attributes we would love to live with for the rest of our lives. If you really look at that list that you used to have. were you not describing Jesus? Now look in the mirror. How much more do you have to do to meet everything on your list (Titus 2 AMP)? You better get crackin'!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warts And All

Where Beauty Fades, Real Attraction Begins

Elderly and Foolish