Are You Feeling Sexy?

What does that mean? How does one feel sexy? Is that the same feeling as lustful or feeling like having sex? I suppose we could understand this from a fleshly perspective with completely different answers. Would these answers be pleasing to God? Of course not, seeing that it is required for us to walk in the Spirit so not to fulfill the lust of the flesh. So then, can a Christian feel sexy with the understanding of that scripture?

One of the streams of my financial income is using the talent God gave me to draw. The style I so enjoy is Art Nouveau. In this style there are lots of portraits, females, hair, and flowers. It is very stylistic, ornate, and most definitely feminine. In trying to establish my niche, making the style of Art Nouveau my own, I was inspired to draw several women with flower borders. I drew them in black ink and colored the lips in variations of red and pink. Upon completion, I had more then enough portraits to create a calendar. A woman looked at my illustrations and said "they all look so sexy. Were you feeling sexy when you drew them?" I never thought about it before she asked. I didn't really have an answer for her at that moment while I looked at the drawings with a fresh perspective. When she left, I realized my answer would have been, no.

A man from the same venue looked at another series of drawings and stared at them stating, "it makes me want to kiss her." I was actually enjoying these responses even though it wasn't my intention to arouse anyone in that way; nevertheless, for an artist, the only bad reaction is not having one at all.

I started to look at all of my artwork wondering if I drew something inappropriate without realizing it. I didn't think so and am pleased with the collection so far. Still the response had me thinking when did I ever feel sexy? Which then had me wondering about when I felt pretty, desirable, domestic, or anything else that is positive and appropriate. I didn't have an answer.

The Word tells us what to think and how to speak (Matthew 12:34 KJV). Both of these directives are positive. It must be in the area of righteousness, seeing it is also a directive for Christians to seek (Matthew 6:33 KJV). Once these directives are practiced as a part of one's lifestyle then it isn't readily thought about. Its as normal as one brushing his/her teeth daily. Its just not thought of. It is done as part of a routine.

Would this also be true with positive feelings? Do you have a favorite outfit? Why is it your favorite? Does it make you feel different then any other? If it is a good feeling, why aren't all of your outfits based upon that favorite one?

Clothes, money, prestige, the make of a car, or economic status should not determine how you feel. I was in a predicament without a job. My career of 15 years (at the time) was based on employment. My demeanor and course of my day was based on being employed. When I was no longer employed, I became flustered and irritable not knowing what to do with myself. I was conditioned and trained to obtain that career my whole life. I met the goal. I never planned (other than retirement) what to do without it. What I did do was stop and rest (Hebrews 3:18-19 AMP). I had to regroup to obtain my peace, joy and come into some realizations (Romans 14:17 AMP). Because of righteousness in Christ, I have no identity crisis. I know who I am (Isaiah 32:17 AMP). The clothes, money, labels, promotions, or feeling did not make me who I am. Positive as they can be, they don't make me. I feel good because of God. I am good because I also received the training to magnify Him. I feel pretty because it is good to do so (Psalm 139:14 KJV). I can feel sexy because there is no sin it. I am desirable because it is a positive thing to think about. It is no wonder I didn't have an answer for that woman. These are normal to me. Its like brushing my teeth. Conceded? No - confident (Hebrews 10:35 KJV).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warts And All

Where Beauty Fades, Real Attraction Begins

Elderly and Foolish