Don't Worry

You think you have "the one" and all seems well, but you woke up this morning and thoughts of doubt have been pestering you about the relationship. Why now? Why when all has been going so well? Was it something you said or did that would cause these thoughts? Did he/she do something that changed the relationship and the lack of peace is proof of it (Isaiah 26:3 KJV)? Is God talking to you?

I ask these questions because it has happened to me and those that I have spoken to. There would be clear warning signs that the relationship isn't at all what one would think and because of the disregard to the warning signs we (meaning, I and those I spoke to) proceeded on and wished otherwise. I detest living my life in regret. It isn't really living the life that God promised at all (John 10:10 KJV). Therefore, I am writing this piece so you can have a clear path when taking the next step in the relationship; whether that be exclusivity or saying good bye.

Last night after having dinner with my family and a friend, the friend and I went to the movies. We both were thinking that lately how nice it would be if we were dating rather then going to the movies with each other. Know that the friend, whom I have known for more then five years, is a female. You get in that sort of mode coming from a "feel good" movie with so many couples around you. Its that wishing it were you kind of crap then, if you don't recognize the distraction, your focus changes from continuing your purpose to becoming a couple with someone. Believe me, its been done. Stay focused!

Years do fly by and there are points where your patience is tested, but know that God is in control. I heard a message where the minister tells the congregation that its not God that is in control but we are. The Word of God is for us. It is for edification, exhortation and comfort (1 Corinthians 14:3 KJV). I have learned over those passing years, that if the message doesn't have all three of those factors, it wasn't for me. Having control over the entire process of life might give some believers the jolt they needed to get out of the slump that they are in. I can relate to re-framing the fabric of your life in changing the lifestyle and with what one says (Mark 11:23 KJV); however, I am a firm believer in God being omnipotent, omniscient, and omni-present. I don't know of anyone else having those skills. Therefore, with Him being who He is, it is much more comforting, edifying, and exhorting to know that when I make a mistake, I can pray and He has my back. When I am traveling a road in life that isn't as well paved, I can take the matter before Him and He can pave it even before I get there. When I counsel clients, I can be reassured that what I say and write is being done because He knows their hearts even before formed in the womb (Jeremiah 1:5 KJV). I don't know of anyone else like that.

So the "feel good" movies that try to force the next step to a relationship, or the thoughts to distract you from your purpose, or the many sermons that brings one message but makes you think otherwise, I remind you to fear not. God sees you and knows what you are trying to do. With Him being here and seeing what happened there, you having nothing to fear. Trust in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warts And All

Where Beauty Fades, Real Attraction Begins

Elderly and Foolish