Come Correct

I was having a discussion with a woman who is about 20 years older then me. She is so interested in meeting someone and was asking me who in the community seems lonely and would like to meet someone as well. Granted she is a believer of God but her maturity level is a little lacking. I told her of a man that has watched her from time to time and could be interested in her. He is around when she volunteers for projects and I believe it was just to see how she handles herself in social settings. She was so excited to know that there was someone that was even looking. She asked for me to describe him. Being employed in an elderly community, the description of him being elderly with white hair and looking like this or that was not much different from every other man residing here... though, oddly enough, it satisfied her.

She paused for a moment and her elated expression changed. She said, "so why hasn't he come to speak to me?" Why would she think I had the answer to this? She knows what she does that would turn off a guy. I am not with her when he decides to come and see what she is doing. She thought again and I was in silence as she allowed the wheels of her mind to resolve this matter. I asked, if she was happy and I don't know why I did. She said that she lost the love of her life a little over a year ago and everyday she looks at his picture and has a good cry.  Really? I asked her, "so how much longer do you plan to keep doing that?" It took her a moment to answer seeing that she incorporated this grieving process in her everyday routine, "so you think he can see that I still mourn for this man?" How do I know, I thought but this satisfied her to do differently then she was doing. The next day, she told me that she put the photograph away and announced that she was finished with the grieving.

Men don't talk about having intuition, but they do pick up on stuff without having to say a word. There could be a woman that he is attracted to but men have to have more of a connection to have a relationship. Some men don't wait for that and they forge ahead to get to the sex. They find later, they wish they hadn't. It is another good reason why fornication should be avoided (1 Corinthians 6:17-19 KJV). A woman desperate to be married can coif, make it up, and lace it with a bow and he will still recognize it as desperate having no attraction to her at all. Men do have insight! Men do have intuition! Men do see past their sexual organs?!!

Yeah, that was a hard pill to swallow for me too. Seriously, I was watching the Million Dollar Matchmaker's Patti Stanger . Her philosophy to the men was, the woman that makes you have an erection is the one for you. That kind of theorizing has no place with Christian principles. As embarrassed as the men were the first season by the second season they were alright with it. Much like the saying that all men are dogs. How offensive - right? Yet, it became a mantra to where men all over the country began to bark as a sign that they were in the house. Really?!! To be called a dog is alright with you? I am offended as a woman and a mother who has raised four sons. Think about that. For a man to be called a dog is as offensive as a woman being called a bitch. It isn't cool in a music video, it isn't a hip reference for a best friend, and it will never be alright to the mature believer looking to be pleasing in the sight of God (Hebrews 13:21 AMP).

In another building of the same elderly community, I was needed to fulfill a position, temporarily. The residents there were getting me caught up on the different personalities and what to look out for. An elderly thin man came up to me. He was pleasant and doing his best to be charming but not overbearing. I smiled and as he walked away, the women let me know that man would chase anything in a skirt. I just found him to be lonely and immediately thought of the resident that was grieving over the passing of the love of her life. The only thing that separated these two people from meeting each other is a parking lot and the willingness to take a walk. They would seem ideal for each other. Why haven't they met?

It got me to think. I met someone where the attraction was so strong that it seemed like we saw each other all of the time, yet he never made the move to introduce himself. I thought it was strange but I never made a move and introduced myself to him. I was taught otherwise. Dr. Creflo Dollar, Senior Pastor of Changing Your World International Ministries, said when he met his wife, he was elated but heard she was seeing someone else at the time. He saw her on campus but still never approached her. He went on with what God called him to do on the college campus. She, Taffi, came to one of his meetings and walked up to him afterward saying, "I am interested in you" and walked away (according to him). They were dating shortly after she approached him. Selah, right? Women don't approach men because of the scripture that he will find his good thing and when the woman sought her love in the Song of Solomon, the villagers beat her (Song of Solomon 5:1-8 AMP). Hey, a brick doesn't have to be thrown at me to allow for patience to have her perfect work. Still, there has to be an attraction of some sort for one to make a move towards the other - right? So then, it being the last days, with the church being the way it is... is there any sort of attraction that would have Jesus chomping at the bit to get to her....us?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warts And All

Where Beauty Fades, Real Attraction Begins

Elderly and Foolish